Williams Receives Certification in Inbound Marketing
Certification Awarded by Inbound Marketing University Training Program
HOUSTON, TX – JUNE 8, 2010 – Inbound Marketing University awards the Inbound Marketing Certification to Larry Williams as part of its comprehensive Internet marketing training program (http://inboundmarketing.com).
This certification acknowledges Williams’s proficiency in inbound marketing principles and best practices. These principles include: blogging, search engine optimization, social media, lead conversion, lead nurturing and closed-loop analysis.
Williams joins an elite group of Inbound Marketing Certified Professionals. In total, 1,300 individuals have successfully passed the IMU program.
To complete the Inbound Marketing Certification, Williams completed 16 in-depth classes covering each facet of inbound marketing and passed a comprehensive certification exam. (View the full list of classes: http://inboundmarketing.com/university/classes)
The courses are taught by a knowledgeable faculty of professors, including New York Times’ best-selling author Chris Brogan, Google’s Analytics Evangelist Avinash Kaushik, Internet celebrity Gary Vaynerchuk, best-selling author and international speaker David Meerman Scott, and more. (View all professors: http://www.inboundmarketing.com/university/professors)
This certification is administered by HubSpot.
InboundMarketing.com is an online community and certification program for marketers. The site’s content teaches a new style of marketing that emphasizes business uses of social media, content creation and search engine optimization for marketing. InboundMarketing.com is hosted and moderated by HubSpot, Inc. Register for InboundMarketing.com at http://inboundmarketing.com/user/register.
HubSpot, Inc. provides Internet marketing software that helps businesses get found online, generate more inbound leads and convert a higher percentage of those leads into paying customers. HubSpot’s software platform includes tools that allow professional marketers and business owners to manage search engine optimization, blogging and social media, as well as landing pages, lead intelligence and marketing analytics. Based in Cambridge, MA, HubSpot can be found at http://www.hubspot.com. HubSpot’s free marketing tools can be found at http://grader.com.
An experienced professional seeking an opportunity to utilize my skills in IT marketing, sales, SEO/SEM or web analytics to impact and grow a company’s productivity.
eVariety Company 1/06 – 11/09
Sales & Marketing
• Sold hundreds of collectible items worldwide through multiple customized eCommerce “WebStores”, including eBay, ProStores, Amazon, Bonanzle and eCrater.
• Achieved and maintained a 100% positive feedback rating; more than 25% of items were sold and shipped within 10 days of posting.
• Increased profits by adjusting advertising budgets based on detailed web analytics data generated by Google AdWords, Google Analytics and Omniture Site Catalyst.
• Created online advertising campaigns with Google AdWords using display ads, Pay Per Click (PPC) ads, website placements and keyword targeted ads.
• Created promotional links using Java widgets on multiple websites, blogs and social/business networks including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
• Implemented search engine optimization (SEO) strategies using tools such as SEOQuake and WebCEO to analyze and improve “on and off page SEO Factors” including SERP listings, content quality, meta data, keyword density, site speed, crawling and broken link errors as well as internal and external links.
RSA 8/05 – 12/05
Senior Account Manager
• Marketed technical business services including project, contract and permanent staffing.
• Set business appointments, met with managers and prospects to collect detailed information.
• Researched companies using the Salesforce CRM to collect data and forecast profitability.
Bridgewater Resources 8/02 – 6/05
Business Development Manager
• Drove sales production for a start-up IT staffing division with a $500K /Yr average and a gross profit margin (GPM) exceeding 33%.
• Met with decision makers, made presentations, gathered information on qualified job orders and with recruiters on targeting technical prospects.
• Developed website content and multi-channel e-business marketing material.
• Identified target companies and recruited candidates by attending trade shows, career fairs and multiple business, marketing and technology associations.
• Negotiated company service agreements and provided RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s.
IntelliMark 11/94 – 6/02 General Manager / Sales
• Sold regional B2B IT Staffing Solutions by developing and maintaining lasting relationships with companies seeking technical professionals and services.
• Managed Houston branch P/L and budget, as well as hired, fired, trained and reviewed employees and set productivity goals.
• Met with decision makers, made presentations, gathered information on qualified sales orders and promoted marketing efforts through cross-channel and viral marketing.
• Managed re-branding campaign, CRM migration project and cost reduction policies.
Sales & Recruiting Manager
• Sold IT services, recruited, hired candidates and managed account executives and recruiters.
• Developed and maintained accounts seeking business professionals and services.
• Created and led an internet strategy team that designed and launched a new company web site that included a new layout and content, job posting, search capability and new marketing material.
• Led in-house training sessions and created training presentations, videos and documentation for sales and recruiting teams.
• Recruited, interviewed and prepared qualified technical candidates for interviews with client companies.
• Received feedback from candidates and clients after interviews and negotiated starting salaries, benefits, start dates and sign-on bonuses.
Management Alliance Group 3/94 – 11/94
Sales / Recruiter
• Sold B2B staffing services and recruited candidates in a broad range of industries.
Training & Certifications
Training / Webinars
• Marketing and Advertising Using Google – Google
• Google Analytics Introduction / Custom Reporting – Google
• D3: Data Driven Decisions – A New Paradigm for Managing SEO Programs – Covario
• Advanced SEM Strategies – “11 Tips for Master Search Marketers” – Omniture
• Turbo Charge Your Search Engine Marketing – Omniture
• SEO Strategies for Corporate Web Sites – Omniture
Marketing Strategy/Concepts, Business Communication, Sales Concepts, Solution Selling, Business Writing, IT Industry Knowledge, CRM Concepts
Stephen F. Austin State University
Bachelor of Arts – Communications / Marketing – 1993
• The Pine Log Newspaper – Sales / Advertising Account Manager (employment)
• KLSB-TV (NBC) – Sales / Advertising Representative (Internship)
Larry Williams is a professional looking to advance his career in advertising, internet marketing, sales, SEO, SEM, social media or ecommerce in Houston, TX.
This website contains information including Larry’s contact information, his resume, recommendations, groups and social networking sites.
An ambitious professional with more than 15 years experience in the IT industry, including sales, recruiting and management. Specific areas of expertise include global ecommerce sales, online content development, search engine optimization, internet advertising and social media networking.
eVariety Company (1/06 – 7/09)
Owner, Sales & Marketing
Started eVariety Companies, consisting of multiple eCommerce sites (businesses) and sold hundreds of items worldwide.
More than 25% of items were sold and shipped within 10 days of being listed.
* Achieved and maintained a 100% positive feedback customer satisfaction rating, due in large part to viral and multi-channel marketing.
* Created advertising campaigns with Google AdWords to create traffic and grow sales using pay-per-click (PPC) ads, multiple website placements and HTML search keywords.
* Created advertising blitzes, distributed listings directly to RSS as well as multiple data feeds and used search engine optimization (SEO) with multiple sites including Google, MSN and Yahoo.
* Analyzed sales, traffic, cost-per-click (CPC) and click-through-rate (CTR) metrics using Omniture Site Catalyst, Google AdWords and Google Analytics.